Gilthead bream baked in salt crust with lemongrass
1 gilt-head bream (approx. 200-300 g)
1 Kg coarse cooking salt
3 lemongrass stems
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Chop the lemongrass stems finely and mix them with half the salt.
2. Clean the gild-head bream.
3. Line the Steam Roaster with the salt and lemongrass, mix and place the gilthead bream upright (not lying down) with the back of the fish facing upwards, lengthways on top of the salt mix.
4. Cover the gild-head bream with the rest of the salt and close the Steam Roaster.
5. Put the Steam Roaster in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the Steam Roaster and allow to cool for a few minutes. When opened, the salt will come away from the bream. Remove it and clean off any salt that may remain on it.
7. Serve with vegetables or rice.